Working at Inside Circle is more than a job.
It’s a way of life.
Join our growing team and help us live our mission to empower system-impacted people to lead change from within. Our primary goal is to reduce recidivism and all forms of violence – physical, emotional and psychological – in our prisons and communities. We accomplish that by building transformative environments for justice-involved youth and adults to heal, find purpose, and build meaningful lives of service and by providing technical assistance to system administrators, probation departments, judges, and community-based organizations looking to lead change at a national level.
JOB TITLE: DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
Seeking a committed, dynamic part-to-full-time development professional passionate about building and leading a development department for a growing nonprofit organization. The Development Manager will work with the Co-Executive Directors, Board of Directors, and other team members to ensure the organization’s successful identification and actualization of funding sources, including major donors and foundations. This position reports directly to Eldra Jackson, III, Co-Executive Director.
- Devising, executing on, and managing an annual plan for fundraising initiatives and establishing a fundraising calendar with input from the Co-Executive Directors
- Identifying and qualifying prospective major donors and identifying new foundation leads
- Conducting major donor cultivation independently and in partnership with the Co-Executive Directors and Board of Directors
- Drafting letters of intent, grant proposals, grant reports, and other fundraising materials
- Managing donor profiles in a CRM database
- Co-leading fundraising initiatives with input from volunteers and other staff
- Convening the board fundraising committee and working with board members on fundraising activities
- Serving as the lead organizer of all fundraising events
- Assisting the Co-Executive Directors with revenue reporting and preparing fundraising reports for the board
- Other duties as required
- Mission-driven; passionate about re-entry, youth justice, and Inside Circle’s vision and constituencies
- Unquestionable personal code of ethics, integrity, and trust
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in relevant field (e.g., nonprofit management, communications, English)
- Work experience: At least 4 years’ direct fundraising experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize under deadlines and juggle multiple tasks at once
- Fundraising and/or CRM database experience
- Experience cultivating and soliciting gifts
- Fluency with Google Suite and Microsoft Office suite, especially spreadsheet fluency
- Experience writing grant proposals
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKPLACE ENVIRONMENT
The work is performed primarily in a remote setting, but some in-person donor cultivation is expected in the Bay Area.
This is a contract position with the option to move to full-time employment. Salary range is commensurate with experience and skill set.
PLEASE SUBMIT INQUIRES TO: firstname.lastname@example.org